Some people find it difficult or awkward to message a person they have never contacted before. Yet when you use the LinkedIn InMail system for communicating, you can enjoy messaging with ease. LinkedIn is currently the online source most frequently used by company staff recruiters and corporate HR managers for locating new employees. This makes it an ideal social media site for finding your next job when you send InMail LinkedIn to employers.
Statistics show that 70 percent of newly hired professional staff members already know an employee at the company that hires them. For this reason, it can be a great benefit to make job recruiters aware of your contacts now working in their offices. These friends and associates are convenient “builtin” sources for your work endorsements and personal recommendations.
By using InMail on LinkedIn, you can effectively connect with companies offering job opportunities that interest you. You can also locate new employees for your own company if you are a business owner. This system is designed with advanced technology yet easy to use features. It enables you, as a LinkedIn member, to benefit from the opportunity of locating ideal staff recruiters or job seekers. It then helps you connect and interact with them using the innovative LinkedIn automation tool.
Tips for Creating InMail Messages that Get Attention
Advice from communications experts for writing InMail messages that capture the recipient’s attention and bring results include the following:
Create Brief Subject Lines
By writing short, concise subject lines for InMail messages, you can catch the recipient’s attention. Use simple, direct language and only three or four words if possible. Since some people who you contact will skim your message quickly, a subject line that attracts attention is best. LinkedIn reports that a subject line of three words or less boosts your likelihood of gaining a reply by 14 percent.
Establish a Personal Connection
Prior to cold messaging a person you want to connect with, review their LinkedIn profile. Discover their background. Make a note of where they live, what schools they attended, their career focus and interests. If you find similarities to your own background and career, mention these in your message. These common experiences can improve your response rate by 10 percent or more.
Mention Mutual Connections
Pay attention to your message recipient’s personal and business connections. If you own a business and are looking for new staff members, mentioning a mutual connection when messaging is helpful. Message recipients who are searching for new jobs in your industry or niche are likely to respond if you share friends. Mentioning mutual past coworkers when making LinkedIn connections via InMail also frequently gets good responses.
Limit Message Length
According to LinkedIn, members who send InMail messages of 100 words or less boost their response numbers. Messages containing more than 200 words are significantly less likely to receive responses. It is always helpful to include a call-to-action or a request for a recipient response in your messaging. This extra step shows a definite and friendly desire to start a conversation with a new contact.
Steps to Send InMail LinkedIn to Other Site Members
Can you send InMail without Premium? Yes, this private messaging option is a feature provided by LinkedIn to Premium (paying) members who have InMail credits. What are InMail credits? InMail credits LinkedIn are approved for sending messages. However, members with free accounts can purchase InMail credits for contacting other members. This feature is a private messaging service that lets you contact other members while safeguarding their email addresses. Once a message that you send is accepted by the recipient, you receive a return message. This message reveals the other recipient’s name and email address, enabling you to continue connecting.
The actual process of sending InMail is simple and easy. You can send your first message by following these steps:
1. Log in to your LinkedIn account and enter a search for the individual you wish to contact. Perform the search either by using the search box at the top of the web page or by clicking into your contacts to search in their networks.
2. In your search results listing, locate and click the name of the party you wish to contact. You may need to run another search if results of the first one are missing this person’s name. Once you click the name of the person you want to message, you will access this individual’s LinkedIn profile page.
3. Find the Send button for LinkedIn mail in the profile of the person you wish to reach. When this button is visible, this individual has approved receiving InMail messages from other LinkedIn members. To send your message, simply click the Send InMail button and complete the Compose Your Message form.
4. On the Compose Your Message form, you can choose to include your own contact information or omit it. Just check the appropriate Select or Deselect box to suit your preferences and needs.
5. After inputting text for the Category and Subject entries, type your message content in the text box. Introduce yourself and be clear about your reason for wanting to connect with this person. You need only one InMail credit to send this message to the recipient. Take time to proofread your message prior to sending it. This improves your chances of receiving a response and gaining a new LinkedIn mail contact for your network. Can you attach a file to a LinkedIn message? Yes. You can send a photo as an InMail attachment by clicking the Image icon. You can include a document file by tapping the Attach icon. Now you understand how to send private messages on LinkedIn and include InMail attachments.
6. Click the InMail Send button and then wait for a response. The recipient will receive the message in his or her LinkedIn inbox. Some members configure their accounts to receive InMail messages in their regular email accounts also. Once your message is accepted, the recipient can decide whether or not to reply. It is usually best to wait patiently for a response. If you choose to send a second message before getting a reply, this may annoy the recipient or cause him or her to feel pressured. By practicing patience, you are more likely to receive a reply to your message. This can lead to a new contact who joins your network.
Once you know how to send InMail on LinkedIn, you can easily contact site members who you would like to connect with. This easy-to-use private messaging feature enables you to introduce yourself, your business and your interests to others. Owners of small companies and startups or corporate staff recruiters can contact potential job candidates efficiently and effectively. LinkedIn members who are looking for new employment positions can contact HR managers and SMB owners concerning available work opportunities. InMail offers a private, simple and highly satisfactory messaging system for meeting new friends, future coworkers and valuable business associates.