DuckDuckGo is a private search engine founded in September 2008 that helps in trustworthy searching. New standards were set with the experiences around and made their search history invisible even when a private browser is opened. It empowers users to gain control over their information that is placed in the search.
Safety Beyond Search
Privacy assurance beyond the search case is updated and is made simple and accurate with the mobile application which is available on all the powerful networks.
In recent days research, they had 21 Billion searches, 53 Employees made those searches run successfully. It came to a notice that DuckDuckGo raises $10M funds from OMERS Ventures for acquiring Google Face Privacy attribution.
Based on the search engine journal, the company is supposed to raise its funds enormously.
In 2011, raised their capital to $3 Millions, within which they gained profits till 2014. In that perception itself, they planed again to raise their funds. This funding has been used for education-related campaigns that concerns on search privacy. DuckDuckGo has designed an application which blocks scripts in their visitor tracking. Many such applications are under process and will sooner be released. When compared to Google, $10M is not a value-added amount, but for those who search for alternatives of Google, DuckDuckGo is best choice. Only keyboard based ads are allowed to place using DuckDuckGo.
Besides funding, the company is well-known for its donations. In 2018, they donated $500,000 to twenty-one privacy organizations who share the DuckDuckGo vision in distributing the online trust.
DuckDuckGo team were happy in donating these funds while the others(around 2113 members) members of Crowdfunding Campaigns shared $142,482 percentage of the whole funding. So with an average, the raised donation amount has been converted to $642,482. All these are done to advance the privacy tools and privacy.
It was heard that there was a huge necessity for online privacy with the Cambridge Analytical Facebook incident.
In this specific situation, huge numbers of the users made an extra move to bolster the organization that firmly secure the online protection. What’s more, similarly as imperatively, through the endeavors via Social Media Networking and others, DuckDuckGo has built the awareness among many projects like Tahoe-LAFS, nginx, Tor Project, FreeBSD, ClamWin, and OpenSSH with millions of funds.
Other qualified features and achievements of DuckDuckGo:
1. They hatched out many servers in the intact basement. For having a better search engine on 29th February 2008.
2. On 25th September 2008, they announced to the Reddit communities and Hacker News.
3. On 22 January 2009, the company decided not to track the search history, because tracking is an offensive process.
4. On 11 January 2011, the company announced a statement that ” Google tracks you. We don’t”. And resembled it with a statement “Hello, World”!!
5. On 30 November 2011, officially praised “Caine Tighe” as the first and best employee of DuckDuckGo who changed many aspects of the company.
6. On 1 December 2011, a small castle in Paoli, PA has been created with a move out of Gabriel’s basement.
7. On 16 January 2012, an overwhelming introduction to a new design has been made so that the user may not switch to another browser for the next time.
8. On 13 February 2012, a milestone of 1 million searches/day has been achieved with a steady growth from 1000 to 1000,000 instantaneously with a search rate of 10searches/second.
9. On 7 March 2012, “open data information” theme has been selected for donating funds to The Wikimedia Foundation, Diaspora, Friendica, unhosted.org, and Tor.
11. On 10 June 2013, after 483 days of 1 million searches, the reach has been changed to 2000,000 searches eventually, DuckDuckGo started to double the daily searches. This has been done with the usage of private alternatives of NSA revelations.
12. On On 17 June 2013, after 80 days of 2000,000 searches, the reach changed to 3000,000. It took around 1445 days to achieve this success since the launch.
13. On 17 March 2014, DuckDuckGo treated every member of their company as the essential member and hence interested in welcoming new employees. In that, Brian Stoner is one.
14. On 19 May 2014, the company redesigned search engine with the look and feel over small answers.
15. On 17 September 2014, Apple added DuckDuckGo in Safari with iOS 8 and OS X Yosemite.
16. On 10 November 2014, DuckDuckGo adds a built-in option for Firefox.
17. On 20 March 2015, the Fifth donation has been proposed with the amount of $125,000 distributed over 5 projects GPGTools, Girl Develop It, Privacy Badger, SecureDrop, and Tails.
18. On 22 June 2015,10 million searches were obtained in a single day. A ton of T-shirts with DuckDuckGo logo have been given.
18. On 3 May 2016, the donation has been divided for 9 projects- CrypTech, OpenBSD Foundation, LEAP, VeraVrypt, Freenet, Fight for the Future, GPGTools, SecureDrop, and Tor Project.
19. On 31 December 2016, four billion searches were made in a single day.
20. On 10 February 2017, $400,000 amount was shared within 16 projects-World Privacy Forum, Open Whisper Systems, Freedom of the press Foundation, Electronic Frontier Foundation, and Tor projects.
Later on, the improvement has been there in terms of searches per single day. However, Privacy has been treated and maintained as their major concern.