When you have a business, building links may be helpful to make your brand name popular online. Link building is a technique that involves linking with other sites, by getting other sites to include links leading to your own page. For instance, if another website publishes an article related to your niche, they can include a link to your content and direct users to your website.
If you’ve shared your links to many sites, then you need a link management system. When you have a business, building links may be helpful to make brands popular online. Using a link management system means controlling, analyzing, editing, and organizing the links you share to other websites.
Whatever the size of your company, you’ll need a link management system to get these benefits:
1. Provides An Organized Link Building Campaign
If you want to increase links to your website, you need to start your link building campaign. However, it’s not that easy as it involves a lot of tedious work like providing content, reading responses, sending messages, gathering contact information, and the like.
Link building campaigns will take up much of your time, so you need to keep things organized. You may do it manually, but it’ll take much longer. Thus, a link management system will help you stay organized without wasting much time.
Most link management systems have the following features to organize your links:
- Contact Management – Reaching out to target people entails remembering their vital information. With a link management system, it’ll be easier to add in their details, contact information, and tasks that your team must do to reach out to such people.
- Conversation Tracking – Link management systems will also help you remember your interactions with each person. Instead of sending out cold emails to random people and hoping for a link, you can directly interact with them. Simply use their contact details to know what they post on their social media accounts so you can interact with them easily.
- Templates – If you’ve composed an email that successfully prompted a response, you can save it into a template to save time for future emails. By doing so, you can send it to more people and even get a higher response rate.
- Reminders – With so much going on, remembering when and whom to reach out to can be difficult. Thus, a link management system with calendar reminders can help you remember the tasks you need to do.
2. Keeps You Updated With Metrics and Stats
After reaching out and giving out your links, knowing how your links are doing out there is impossible without your link management system. Your company needs to analyze whether your link building campaigns are effective or not. Do this with your link management system so you can continue to build a strong brand and improve your online presence.
A lot of link management tools can help you understand how your links are working through the following:
- Help you track what links are nofollow and dofollow. Dofollow links are hyperlinks that help pages rank high in search engines. Unlike dofollow links, nofollow links don’t influence search engine rankings. You’ll also understand the links they use with this feature.
- Keep track of indexed and active links. Thus, you’ll know the ranking of your links in search engines.
- Check and calculate data that gives more traffic to your site from authority and unique domains. Thus, you can choose the domains that send more traffic to your site, so you can continue link building with these domains.
- Tabulate detailed data of domains linking to your site. You’ll easily read all the details you want to review, like how often do the sites use your links, what anchors they use, and more.
- Summarize all the data to let you see an overview of your metrics. Aside from a tabular form, you can choose pie charts and other charts that you can understand easily.
- Rank domains and anchors that are more active and used. By knowing this, you’ll get to prioritize what anchors are more effective, or you’ll know what anchors to change or improve.
3. Lets You Easily Add Link Details
Aside from keeping track of the links you add daily, weekly, or monthly, most link management systems have the ability to let you add more details to your link. For instance, you can update the status of your link, update your anchor text, and the like. With such features, you can easily find the link you’ll use instead of browsing all the links you have.
Thus, a link management system can help you add the following details to your link:
- Anchor Text – If it’s an image, you can use the image icon for easy identification. But if you use texts, then you should use an exact phrase or keyword.
- Link Status – You can identify whether the link is dead or live. “Dead” status means the nonexistence of your link on the host site, or that your host was not found. On the other hand, “live” links mean that you can access it from the host site.
- Updates – Over time, the status of your link can change. For this reason, some of your links may become inactive. From here, you can alter a link or move it to archive.
Link building is vital to keep your business thriving. Without link building, you can’t expect to have high traffic on your site. However, if you can’t control and manage your links, your efforts might become ineffective. To keep your links effective, you need to track, record, and organize them. A link management system can help you achieve these objectives.