The Internet has transformed the global means of communication all around the world. Any kind of information is only a click away from its finder. We use keywords and phrases to find relevant information most of the time. Search engines like Google and Bing also provide the facility of image search to their users. Isn’t it cool that you can use images instead of words or phrases? Now let’s see for whom Reverse Image Search is the most useful tool.
Who Can Use Reverse Image Search?
Reverse Image Search is an amazing tool for artists to explore their work on the internet. Graphic designers, photographers and painters love Reverse Image Search. Specially designed search engines perform the Reverse Image Search. The search engine recognizes the features of the sample image to show relevant images. The Reverse image search also reveals the original source of the image. It shows the upload date and creator of the image as well.
Why Reverse Image Search is the Best Answer To Your Virtual Searches?
You can try to explain the features of your images verbally to the search engine. You have to add every single bit of detail to get the closest result. You can describe the details about colours and quality of the image to some extent. But it will be an extremely difficult process to quote minute details about the image. Reverse Image Search simplifies this process.
What does Reverse Image Search do?
You can assume from the name that Reverse Image Search is opposite to the normal verbal search. It allows the users to make a quick way to the relevant images. Here is a brief list of reverse image search wonders.
- The foremost function of the reverse image search is to look into the piles of images to show you the closest result.
- Reverse Image Search will tell you about the roots of the searched image. You can find the father of the image and its time of creation.
- Reverse Image Search shows a long series of relevant images. You can check all the low and high-quality image results.
- Performing Reverse Image Search is an amazing way to check copyright violations. Artists can check all the sites publishing their work. So you can say that Reverse Image Search keeps a check on the copyright violations.
- For instance, You liked a particular image and wanted to use it your e-book. But you can’t use it because it may infringe the copyrights of the images. Here, Reverse Image Search can rescue you. It provides all the details about the ownership of the image. You can contact the owner for permission to use an image in your work.
How to Hit the Reverse Image Search
Reverse image search is a little different than the regular search at the browser. It is also not used by most internet users. Here are the steps which you can follow to hit the reverse image search.
- Use a browser which is designed especially to perform a reverse image search. Google Chrome has a built-in function for image-based searches.
- Click on the right button of the mouse while pointing at the image you want to search. Now give the command for reverse image search according to your browser. All the browsers use a different set of commands.
- Choose the Search Google for this image option in Chrome.
- Chrome will display a list of relevant images and their publishing sites.
- Google Chrome works on the principle of color classification. It mostly searches for the images with relevant color schemes.
You can other browsers as well for reverse image search. Browsers like MozillaFirefox, Safari and Opera also provide the option to search for images. For this purpose, you can also use third-party tools to perform the reverse image search. TinEye is the most used tool for reverse image search. Here’s what you can do to find your image results by using TinEye.
- Download the TinEye extension for your browser and install it. Now you the option to search your image either through Google or Tineye.
- Select your desired image by clicking the right button of the mouse. Give the command to start the reverse image search for your selected image.
- Tineye will show you the results of your searched image.
How can you do Reverse Image Search on the Android Devices
Most of us are so much accustomed to cellphones that using a laptop sounds like hard labour. You can use the image search option at your android devices as well. Let me show you the ways to perform an image search at your Android cellphone.
Google for Reverse Image Search
- Download the Google Goggle app from the Play store. Install the application on your phone.
- Open the Google Goggle app and take a picture of the thing you want to search. You can search for paintings, product logos, monuments and landscapes in Google databases.
Desktop Method for Android and iOS Devices
These are the steps to do a reverse image search in your android and iOS devices. In this trick, you have to use the desktop version site in your browser.
- Open the site Images.google.com in your preferred browser. In the settings menu, request the desktop version of the site.
- Use the Camera Icon to upload the images.
You will see relevant search results for your image.
Reverse Image Search enables you to explore your images in every nook and corner of the internet. You can launch a formal complaint against the theft of your graphical property. These are the steps to launch Copy Right Infringement complain.
- Login into your google account from your browser. Now, pay a visit to CopyRight Removal Page of Google.
- Fill the required credentials in the infringement form. You have to provide authorized work source and sites violating copyrights.
- Mark the boxes at the end of the infringement report and submit it.
Note: Only legal holder of the copyright can make claim for content removal.