Every enterprising entrepreneur knows that social media is one of the best tools to reach consumers these days. However, knowing this fact is different from executing a campaign successfully. As such, you need to ramp up your digital marketing game if you want to outrank your competitors.
A social media strategy requires knowing your customers in-depth. More than their demographics, you also have to understand their interests and buying preferences.
A customer relationship management (CRM) tool is a must-have for any business in helping you collect this information and to be able to use it intelligently to develop an effective social media campaign. Service providers, such as plumbing companies for example who deploy staff out into the field, can take advantage of specialized software such as that offered by Jobber, to use insights gathered from CRM systems to create personal and targeted social media campaigns that really work.
Once you have a good understanding of your clients’ needs and wants, you can map out your social campaign using these tips:
- Follow the SMART goal-setting format
The best social media marketing strategy starts with a target. However, while your ultimate objective is to reach more potential clients and boost your bookings, you should focus on hitting one of these goals rather than shoot aimlessly and hope for the best.
For instance, being visible to new customers and increasing the number of projects you get are two different goals. When planning for a social media strategy for the former, you might want to pay for sponsored posts to display your content to users who might be interested in your services.
On the other hand, if you want to boost your bookings, you can focus on cultivating your relationship with people who’ve already enjoyed your services. Encourage them to like and subscribe to your social media pages so they can view updates on your discounts and promos.
Once you’ve determined the goals that you want to achieve for a particular campaign, you can then evaluate its viability using SMART objectives:
- Specific –Have a specific target for running a campaign. It can be a particular target audience or milestones you want your brand to achieve.
- Measurable – Your goal must be measurable. It’s relatively easy for social media since you can count how many followers a campaign brought in or how many likes, shares, and comments a post garnered.
- Attainable – Make sure your objectives are practical as well. While it’s good to hope that the video you published will go viral on social media and gain you a massive following overnight, you mustn’t place all your hope on such an unlikely expectation. Instead, make sure your goals are viable and grow your numbers organically.
- Relevant – You must remember that your social media campaign should support your business objectives. For instance, you can make it a goal to boost your brand’s visibility, but you should be aware of exactly how this can help your business as a whole.
- Time-bound – Setting deadlines allows you and your team to measure the effectiveness of your campaigns. You can also assign milestones that can help you get a clearer view of your progress.
- Know where to find your target audience
There are a lot of social media websites out there. Facebook and YouTube are two of the best places to publish your ads because of their massive user bases. On the other hand, if your target market is the younger generation, such as millennials and Gen Z, you’ll want to engage them on Instagram and TikTok.
Knowing the preferred social media platforms of your target audience allows you to make your brand visible to them. In turn, it can increase engagement and help you achieve your goals.
- Look at what your main competitors are doing
You can also take a page from your competitors’ books and check which of their social media marketing strategies are working for them. View their profiles on all possible platforms. Look for the types of media as well as the voice, tone, and messaging that do well.
Remember, you and other companies in your industry are after the same target audience. You must understand their strategies so you can create more compelling content and campaigns to engage them and bring their business your way.
Your field service business needs an effective social media marketing campaign. To do so, you should set SMART goals and get to know your target audience deeply. Lastly, take a look at the strategies that are working for your competitors and see how you can improve on them to attract potential clients.