There are so many new SEO (search engine optimization) tools available today that it can be challenging figuring out which will help your website generate a higher page ranking on Google.
To get you caught up on the best SEO tools that will help you develop an improved SEO strategy, here are the top resources that will help you with keyword analysis, competitor research, link building, rank tracking, content creation, and more.
1. Ahrefs: SEO Keyword Tool: This widely used SEO analysis tool is known for being the second-most active crawler after Google. You can use this tool to compile audit reports, check URL rankings, run keyword analysis reports, analyze your website’s backlinks, find competitor backlinks, and search for viral content. In an article posted on Ahrefs.com, the startup company says what makes their SEO analysis tool stand out from their competitors who offer similar services is their large base of live links, huge index, and the best speed of index updates they offer.
2. SEMRush: Trusted by SEO pros around the world, this SEO software tool has a huge database comprised of over 46 million domains and 120 million keywords. It can help you to track many things such as your competitor’s keyword strategy, keywords you should be using on your website, the organic position of a domain on Google’s SERPs (search engine results page), copies of AdWords ads and their positions, and backlinking opportunities. It can also be used to perform SEO audits of your blog and develop an effective content marketing strategy.
3. SpyFu: This top competitor research tool can help you to identify all your competitor’s keywords and how they’ve changed over the last 10 years, how many clicks your competitor’s websites generate, how Google algorithm changes have affected your competitors, and which keywords your competitors are using when they buy ads on Google AdWords. By using this spying tool you can research websites that have executed highly effective SEO strategies that have led to growth, and learn from what they’ve done.
4. Moz Pro: This all-in-one SEO software suite contains all the bells and whistles that can help you to improve your search engine visibility. Key features include a backlink checker, an on-page analyzer, a rank tracker, a link explorer, and a keyword research tool that helps identify keywords with low search volumes. If you need some help with content creation you can search for and find blog posts published by Moz Pro sharing content creation strategies easily found through the power suites dashboard.
5. Google Search Console: This free tool is provided by Google and is used to track and report on your webpage’s performance in SERP (Google’s Search Engine Results Page). It gives you information on your website’s search traffic, index status, site errors that Google catches when they crawl your page, information on your website’s search appearance, your link profile as Google sees it, and crawl stats that show you how many pages Google looks at on average when they visit your website.
6. Bulk Domain Authority Checker: To check domain authority and page authority you can use this free tool offered by Linklaboratory. Domain authority checkers are helpful because it gives you an idea of how well a domain will rank on search engine results. Although this metrics tool is not the final say in how high a domain will rank, it can help to give you a better understanding of how well your website is optimized for Google.
Although, there is no magic formula for getting your website to shoot to the top of Google, with the use of the above SEO tools, time, and a willingness to put in the work to develop an effective strategy you’ll likely be able to produce results similar to what you’d get if you a paid a search agency to do your SEO for you.